Jenkins: What is Jenkins and its installation stepsJanuary 30, 2023 2023-01-30 15:41
Jenkins: What is Jenkins and its installation steps
What is Jenkins?
Jenkins is an leading open source continuous integration server built with Java developed by Hudson lab. It is cross-platform and can be used on Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Solaris environments.
Specifically for a test only project, it is used to schedule jobs for regression testing without manual intervention and hence monitor infrastructural and functional health of a application. It can be used like a scheduler for integration testing and also can be used to validate new deployments/environments on a single click on a Build now button .
· Jenkins is an open source tool with much support from its community.
· Installation is easier.
· It has more than 1000 plug-in to make the work easier.
· It is easy to create new Jenkins plugin if one is not available.
· It is a tool which is written in Java. Hence it can be portable to almost all major platforms.
1. Download Jenkins.war file from this link